LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP! A/C, windows don't work! ABS and Parking brake light on!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
HELP! A/C, windows don't work! ABS and Parking brake light on!

What the hell is going on? I checked the fuses and everything is clear there. Not a damn one of the fuses is blown!

Somebody help!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nope. Not under warranty. I'll try resetting the system when I get home.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Bourbon

My truck must have been playing an April Fool's prank on me. I just wish it had picked a day when I didn't have a job interview. Showing up sweaty is never good form.

So I get up this morning at 6:45 to take the truck in to the dealership get whatever wiring problem there is fixed, and when I turn the accessories on I hear a faint noise that sounds like a fan spinning and then slowing down. I reach down and flip the A/C to low, and I'll be damned if the A/C is working! I take a look at the gauges, start the truck up and no more ABS or E-brake lights; my mirror tells me the direction and temperature again, and my windows work!

I'm not sure what kind of wiring ghost I have, but I'll try to be nice from now on.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a bad relay??
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
Bourbon

I dunno. I'm going to see how long it keeps working, if it happens again I'll take it in and have the dealer look at it
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking a faulty ground somewhere. Is the battery post corroded?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #7
Bourbon

Nope, the battery is good as new.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
My wifes jeep has similar issues. Her ABS light was on and the electrical system was doing funny things at random.

We took it in and learned the battery was leaking and the acid was dripping onto the main wire harness. It shorted out the ABS sensors and was working on other things as well. Fixed under warranty but made for a stressful 6 hour drive to the Jersey shore.

We hate her car. New Jeeps suck!