1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

W59 clutch fork pivot point question

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TimD, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Apr 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM
    TimD

TimD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Southeast
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma 4x4
    3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift
    Hi all. I have an 02 Tacoma 4x4 with 2.7 engine and w59 manual trans. Have an issue where slave cylinder piston is pushing all the way out. It appears to me hat there should be a ball on the pivot point that is inside the housing. It looks like that ball has fallen off/broken? Maybe? The fork will pivot if I push it, but there is really nothing for the detent spring to even grab on. When the release bearing is pushed up toward the pressure plate that leaves the outer end of the fork pushed all the way up against the casing where it comes through. Seems there is no way to get the seesaw action needed at that point. Problem is I have been unable to find a diagram. It does appear to be a removable part, as I can see it is made to be taken off by wrench. I am in serious need of my truck. Replaced clutch about 6 years ago, and again about 6 months ago. No issues until this last weekend. Is there supposed to actually be a ball there?

Thanks!

Tim

Products Discussed in

To Top