1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 2.7 oil over filled?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by HyTrojan, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Oct 4, 2007 at 4:37 PM
    HyTrojan

HyTrojan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Sport AT DCSB
    Nfab running boards, PapaRee Tune, T4R Pro SEMA rims
    2nd time I changed the oil & I've checked the dipstick. Oil is at least over 1/4 of an inch over the full dot. I have a 2007 2.7 reg cab & it looks like the book calls for 6.1 quarts. I put in 6. Anyone else notice this or maybe I'm reading the book wrong. Thanks

2. Oct 4, 2007 at 4:49 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I noticed this the first few times I changed the oil on my 04 2.7. It is because of the location of the drain plug in the oil pan, and how your truck is parked not all of the oil will drain. Rear end down hill is bad. Putting the front end up on ramps makes this problem really bad. You need to park so that the rear is higher than the front, even driving the rear tires up on a brick or a couple of 2x6s should solve this for you.

DISCLAIMER... This worked for me on my 04, I have not been under a gen 2 2.7 so I do not know for a fact that this is the case, so do not take my theory for fact without first confirming it yourself.

3. Oct 5, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    The 2007 2.7 takes 5.8 when changing filter.

Products Discussed in

To Top