Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

backlight in gauges went out

Old 10-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Sturg's Tacoma Gallery
backlight in gauges went out

so i noticed the other night that one of the lights that lights up the gauges was out. the far right side of the gauge cluster was almost completely dark. i can barely see the gas gauges and half of the speedometer at night now. would there be a way i could just replace the light or would i have to get a whole new gauge cluster?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
You can just replace the bulb. It is fairly simple (although I have never done it) on the 1st gen Tacomas. You will need to take the cluster out. I am sure that some one on here with a 1st gen can help you out more than I could though.

Cheers.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
See this to take out the gauge cluster out to change out the bulb:

http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=110
Old 10-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Sturg's Tacoma Gallery
so i just got the bulb replaced. that was a lot harder than it was on my celica i used to have. i don't know what that big plug in the middle of the cluster was but it was a pain to get off and probably will be equally as hard to put back on in the morning.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
That happened to my Beamer a long time ago. I couldnt see my speed or my gas but the other half of the cluster was lit up, so i said fu#k it, i dont care. apparently its a huge PITA on that model car so i just didnt have lights for a long time.