1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taco in for repair for a week now

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Tibs, May 21, 2014.

1. May 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM
    Tibs

Tibs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Whats happening to my taco and the rock solid reliability i paid 31k for? A week ago i was planning on taking her in for my fourth brake pulsation issue in 20k miles when i noticed the bed was a bit lower on right side. In fact the whole truck was a bit lower on right side. After laying under the truck i noticed some oily drip on the rf cv boot and axle. Also saw some evidence of oil on my shock. I have not been four wheeling.... rockcrawling...or otherwise subjecting her to any amount of abuse and for the life of me this has me stumped. They gave me a new TRD to drive for the time being so I'm good in that respect but damn.... its been a week now. Anyone have any ideas? Help me figure this thing out befire i think i got a lemon.

2. May 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    ZEROPILOT

ZEROPILOT Can't re-MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    ED
    SUNRISE,FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    09 2.7 XTRA CAB 5 SPEED
    LARGER WHEELS. DIFFERENT STEREO. PUSH BAR. TAILGATE EXTENDER. WIPER MOD. TPMS LIGHT DELETE MOD.
    Did you buy it new? With an issue not seen before, many techs are learning as they go. Hopefully the leaking fluid and your brake contamination/pulsation are one and the same issue.

3. May 23, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    Tibs

Tibs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    They called yesterday and said it was a blown seal on rf strut and they have ordered new drums for the back for second time in 20k miles. I hope I'm happy this time cause war. runs out in June.

4. May 25, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    steezinstangl

steezinstangl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser
    if you still have the same problems with the brakes after warranty, they still have to fix it because of the previous claims during the warranty. but yeah that sucks man.

5. May 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM
    Tibs

Tibs [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Well got her back today after almost 2 weeks in the shop. New drums on rear and strut on rf but the sag was still noticeable so before i left i showed the tech and service manager by measurements the difference and it was about 3/4 inch. The service manager said he would try and get it ok'd for both sides new leaf springs. I'll find out tomorrow....I'm not holding my breath tho. I'm a little miffed about all these issues. I should have kept my 07 Camry i guess.
    '

Products Discussed in

To Top