Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Check engine light?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Uncleryno is on a distinguished road
Uncleryno's Tacoma Gallery
Check engine light?

So a couple of months ago my Check engine light come on. I took it in and the guy says it's the CAT, so I waited till I had the money since it wasn't something that needed to be fixed right away. And it was running great as usual. I finally replaced the CAT on Monday and he cleared the code and off I went. 20 minutes into the drive the light came back on, so a U-turn I did and took it back. He checked the code and 4 more codes came up. Temp sen: O2 sen: EVAP: and CAT...... soooo he then cleared them again and left for a test drive. He states the light came back on so he re-tested it again. and only 1 code popped up. something completely different. He said that it was probably my computer that needed to be replaced.. Does anyone have any insight to my problem? PLEASE I feel like I'm shooting in the dark here.. Why would it trigger different codes each time. even codes that I have already fixed. Please help. thank you
Old 06-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
esse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesse10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esse10's Tacoma Gallery
sorry

Sorry you had to buy an expensive CAT you really didn't need if I had seen this post before than I would have told you to run SEAFOAM through the input manifold vacuum line and you could have solved that issue with just spending $8 . Lot's of folks these days who are getting cat inefficiency codes are being told to replace the cat when all they have is carbon buildup and 80% of the time it can be cleared with a good cleaning of seafoam.
Yea if you replace the CAT it'll fix the problem but that's going about it the expensive way. Why not give it a good cleaning with seafoam first and see
if that fixes the problem, you won't hurt anything.