1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 CHIMES

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by frankrizzo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jun 3, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    frankrizzo

frankrizzo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD SBDC Off-Road
    Undercover SE Tonneau, Weather Tech, Swing Case tool boxes, Bed mat, Wet Okole
    Went to the dealership yesterday for my free wash and oil change and attempted to get them to disable the seatbelt chime and key fob chimes (and yes i always wear my seatbelt except for doing some difficult off roading ie getting in and out 100 times). They tried to tell me I couldn't, that it was a safety issue; in wheich case I pulled out the owners manual. They said they would, yet once everything was all said and done neither happened. I asked to and then talked with the service manager and he said it was still a safety issue and that the dealership would not do it. Called the other two Toyota dealerships in town and they would not do it either. I was able to in my '06 just using the key and cycling through some steps. Other than messing with the wiring in my '14 does anyone have an idea on how to do this or do I just have to find a dealer who will?

2. Jun 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    yukdun

yukdun New Member

Member:
    Nortthern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2014 sr5
    I wasn't having any luck finding a solution to the chimes I could perform at home, so I took mine to my local dealer and they had no issue shutting off the chimes. It's to bad they can't just do like the manual says and shut it off for you. Best of luck.

3. Jun 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    ancient11

ancient11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    2019 4 cyl srsx ac
    The seatbelt chime goes away with an extension
    url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/412941/cat/500][​IMG][/url]

Products Discussed in

To Top