Old 06-04-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
mymomstacoma is on a distinguished road
mymomstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring Help for Viper Alarm - Door and Domelight Trigger - searched

I have a 2014 Tacoma
Using Viper 3105V alarm system

So I searched and found this:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ol-ground.html

for domelight control, which is on the black connector, number 9 (blue), how can i 'test' this to make sure this is the right wire? should it go on and off (via multimeter) when turning the dome lights on and off??

and i've searched endlessly and cant find the door trigger wire. codesystems wiring chart tells me its green/white located in MAIN BODY ECU. can anyone help clear this up for me? also, do i test this by pressing in the door ajar button thing on the pillar?

also for the lock > unlock output and unlock > lock output, do i use the gray and blue/white wires near the kickpanel. these wires have (-) polarity and go to 0V when triggering lock/unlock. i dont need to wire via 'Alarm disarm' or 'Alarm arm' wires right? the car didnt come with an alarm system btw.

thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
mymomstacoma is on a distinguished road
mymomstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
is the door trigger located on the back of the ECU? its seems so complicated getting access there... and again, do I test this via pressing the ajar button the pillar?