Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Ignition & Dash Illumination wires?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ignition & Dash Illumination wires?

I just installed an ARB compressor and I am wiring the switch. Can anybody tell me which wire is the "Ignition Wire" & which wire is the "dash Illumination Wire"

I need to T-Tap them for the compressor switch... I have a 2013

I would thing that everyone putting in aftermarket lights that use illuminated dash switches would need to tap these wires as well?
Thanks...
Old 06-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasotaco View Post
I just installed an ARB compressor and I am wiring the switch. Can anybody tell me which wire is the "Ignition Wire" & which wire is the "dash Illumination Wire"

I need to T-Tap them for the compressor switch... I have a 2013

I would thing that everyone putting in aftermarket lights that use illuminated dash switches would need to tap these wires as well?
Thanks...
The solid Green wires have +12V whenever the parking lights are on. I have not had a need to find the dash illumination wire ....yet. I hope this helps you out.

Oh yeah...the plug with the 3 wires below that plug also has constant +12V(Light Blue), Accessory +12v(White/Blue Stripe), and Ignition +12v(Dark Blue) wires.

Just a suggestion. Get yourself a cheap multi-meter and do your own investigating into what wires do what. Its more fun that way
Attached Thumbnails
Ignition & Dash Illumination wires?-2.-fuse-panel.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
this is my project tomorrow,
I had to build my own harnesses for the Front and rear locker wiring, compressor with relay.
Hopefully it all works out.
Ill try publish which ever way i do it and what i find.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
The empty fuse location indicated by the red arrow in this picture also has +12v when the lights are on.

I found this electrical wiring PDF for the 2013 on this forum too.
Attached Thumbnails
Ignition & Dash Illumination wires?-fuse-location.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 Tacoma electrical wiring diagrams.pdf (7.78 MB, 22 views)