Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Taco tick

Old 06-15-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
smitty8076 is on a distinguished road
smitty8076's Tacoma Gallery
Taco tick

Just got a 2008 taco. Does this taco tick I have been reading about ,sound like a slight exhaust leak? Can hear it better on drivers side .
really noticeable thru drivers side wheel well, or going thru a drive thru and sound bouncing off building. I was thinking I had a manifold leaking, until I read about it on here. Will probably still get it checked out. just wanted some opinions.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
pgthe1 is on a distinguished road

pgthe1's Tacoma Gallery
i have and hear the same thing on drivers side. I hoping for some replys here before I buy new headers and stuff.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8076 View Post
Just got a 2008 taco. Does this taco tick I have been reading about ,sound like a slight exhaust leak? Can hear it better on drivers side .
really noticeable thru drivers side wheel well, or going thru a drive thru and sound bouncing off building. I was thinking I had a manifold leaking, until I read about it on here. Will probably still get it checked out. just wanted some opinions.
yup, sounds right to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgthe1 View Post
i have and hear the same thing on drivers side. I hoping for some replys here before I buy new headers and stuff.
buy headers, itll screw with ur head MORE till u get used to it tho lol.

I wasnt sure if thorley used thinner walls or what, then Gadget told me that the stock manifolds are dual walled, and the tinny sound I heard was due to the thorley thin wall.

ever heard open headers on a nice V8?
Depending on the cam, u can usually hear the tinny sound Im referring to.