Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

change plugs on 06 V6 TRD Sport

Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
henkintexas is on a distinguished road
henkintexas's Tacoma Gallery
change plugs on 06 V6 TRD Sport

Hello, I want to change the spark plugs on my tacoma and upon visual inspection, I see the setup is different from any I have worked on. I want to avoid the $95 an hour labor fee at the dealership. Can anyone give me instructions on removal and replacement of the plugs and recommend a good performance plug. Thankyou
Old 10-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!

I have the 2.7L, so I am not much help here, but I will move your thread to the Technical Forum. You may see more responses there.

Feel free to put another post about you and your truck in the New Members forum. Don't forget pictures in the Photo Gallery.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkintexas View Post
Hello, I want to change the spark plugs on my tacoma and upon visual inspection, I see the setup is different from any I have worked on. I want to avoid the $95 an hour labor fee at the dealership. Can anyone give me instructions on removal and replacement of the plugs and recommend a good performance plug. Thankyou
my sparkplug change out is coming soon. what you need to do is unbolt the coil packs above where the spark plugs are. then use a sparkplug socket(5/8) and an extension. also, a length of air hose will help in starting the new plugs and getting the old ones out. remember to use some anti-seize on the threads.

as far as performance plugs, stick with either denso or ngk, and you can run their iridium plugs(good for 100k miles), and they may yeild a little more power and maybe a little better mileage.........but dont quote me on it. i think the best thing about iridiums is the 100k mile intervals!! hope this helps!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman becareful using anti-sieze could cause some grounding problems if put on to think. So plugs already come with some stuff on them.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
tacomaman becareful using anti-sieze could cause some grounding problems if put on to think. So plugs already come with some stuff on them.

yeah, i should have added to just use a thin coat of anti-seize. but what the plugs have on them, as far as ive seen, id rather add anti-seize to be sure.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 AM   #6
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
I drive about 6,000 a year so I imagine new plugs in about 18 yrs or so..Think theyl come out???LOL