Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Replacing the stock fog light switch with an OTRATTW one.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #21
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
Did you get the rear lights switch from them as well? I haven't seen it on their site, but I have on others

I emailed them a pic and he said "no prob". Same prices as all the others on their site. My guess is they can't advertise a middle finger lol
Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post
Steve - did you use the wiring diagram that came with the switches or did you deviate to do your own thing?

sorry for so many questions, just trying to get ideas

I haven't actually done the mod yet. I'm still in South Korea and my truck is at my folks house in Georgia. I'll be home next week and that's when I plan to start adding all the goodies I've ordered while I've been in Korea.

I'll be doing a writeup on the switch install and I can let you know how I do it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
Here's mine:

True. He is very accommodating when wanting custom switches. My rear lights switch isn't on the site and the CB switch is custom:

Mounted:

Looks amazing! I really like your custom mount for the sunglasses holder!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #23
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post

Looks amazing! I really like your custom mount for the sunglasses holder!
Thanks man! It's not custom

http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VM6-01
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #24
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
Haha, I won't tell anyone.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #25
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
ottrattw.net has different switches then otrattw.com just so everyone knows. otrattw.net has trouble adding stuff to the cart though, at least for me. so I guess you could look on both sites then make a list of what you wanted and call them. Military gets a 10% discount as well.

http://www.otrattw.net/Amber-Amber-LEDs/?page=2
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #26
yeah...im a newbie
Andrew K is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew K's Tacoma Gallery
any update guys? i did mine the other night, wired the switch out to the existing wiring, apparently the OEM fog light switch uses ground to activate the oem factory relay? with this, i can not get the top LED on the new switch to illuminate. anyone else run into this issue?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #27

Quote:
any update guys? i did mine the other night, wired the switch out to the existing wiring, apparently the OEM fog light switch uses ground to activate the oem factory relay? with this, i can not get the top LED on the new switch to illuminate. anyone else run into this issue?
I'll be doing mine tomorrow or Friday. I'm just waiting on the rest of my CB parts to arrive since I don't want to tear my interior apart more than once. I'll see what I can do about the top active LED. I'll have my write up done by Saturday and I'll add a blurb about the circuit to make the LED activate. It may require re-wiring how the fog lights activate.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #28
yeah...im a newbie
Andrew K is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew K's Tacoma Gallery
Steve, did you gets your switches installed?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Steve, did you gets your switches installed?
I did, I'll be posting the writeup in about 10 hours or so. I'm at work and I have the writeup on my computer at home.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #30

Okay guys and gals. Sorry it took so long, but here is the link to my writeup. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ml#post9120289