Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Hello... new too the site... need some input with a on going issue with my 12 Taco..

Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
CrazyTacoCranny is on a distinguished road
CrazyTacoCranny's Tacoma Gallery
Hello... new too the site... need some input with a on going issue with my 12 Taco..

Vibrating steering wheel at highway speeds... Rims and tires have been properly "forced" balanced by kaltire... the tires and rims before are what has put me in this lingo of trouble with one of the rims being out of round and also being the Drivers side front rim... so of course after 2 alignments and news rims and tires.. the dealership is just being a pain in the ass... repeatedly saying that its the rims and tires but its not ... and still dealing with the Vibrating steering wheel... so im at the point where i just should try to fix the problem myself.. so im curious if there is any one on this site that has or is going through the same problem so i can get my truck fixed in a jiffy without going through the dealership B/S... Thanks guys!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
Just Lurking in the Darkness
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shadow
o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just curious if the symptoms would change if you rotated the tires from the front to the back. This might prove or disprove whether the problem is with the tires and rims.

Usually when the steering wheel shakes, the problem is a wheel out of balance or an alignment problem.

Here are a few questions: What size tires and rims? How many miles on them, on the truck? Have you made any modifications to the suspension?
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
COLD ASS HONKY
MagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMagneticTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AARON
MagneticTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Well here is the deal... If they are saying they are " road force balanced" which from what i have read is a balancing machine that takes a certain reading from your wheel and tire like it is test driving them on the road. If they were able to properly balance them then it cant be an issue with the wheel and tire! Some one at your stealership is full of shit. Ive seen a couple different Tacomas with the steering wheel shake that wouldnt go away. It was a balancing issue both times. Either they werent balanced properly or their is an issue with the wheel and tire. What im trying to say is if there is a problem with your wheel and tire it shouldnt show that it "road force balanced" properly. A lot of times with newer style rims and fake beadlock rings, you cant put weights on the outer edge of the rim, so a lot of times they will try to static balance which i have never had any luck with.

Take them some where else and get them balanced, see if it makes a difference.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Does the steering shake occur at a certain speed?
Old 07-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
CrazyTacoCranny is on a distinguished road
CrazyTacoCranny's Tacoma Gallery
Iv had the tires rotated with still the same result... 17" black iron Tomahawks with Firestone Destination LE2 265/65R17... 15,000 KM on the tires... No mods on the suspension system.. Yes the steering shakes occurs between 90km - 110km...
Old 07-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
If the tires aren't cupping and they are in fact balanced properly then I would try for the drive shaft tsb. Take it to the dealer and have them balance it and if it still does it then look have them look into this

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-tsb-out.html