1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Door Lock Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by dsrtne1, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Jul 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    dsrtne1

dsrtne1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Southern CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB TRD Sport
    King 2.5" Coilovers, Total Chaos UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, 2.5" King Rear Shocks with Compression Adjusters, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 30" LED Lightbar, Ultragauge, Tinted Windows
    I have a double cab 2013 Trd sport. Today on my lunch break I got out of my truck and pressed the lock button on my remote and the truck locked but the beep was very faint so I tried to unlock it. The lights would flash but the doors didn't unlock and it didn't beep. I checked the door lock fuse and sure enough it was blown. I don't happen to have a spare 20 amp fuse so I'll have to go buy one after work. I'm not sure what would cause that fuse to blow. Do you think this is something I should take it to the dealer to have looked at under warranty or should I just pop a new fuse in and call it done? My only hesitation about taking it to the dealer is that I use my truck to commute to work everyday and if they're only going to change the fuse I'd rather not deal with the hassle of taking it there and being without my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top