Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

A.R.E. Caps

Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 AM   #1
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E. Caps

To anyone who is considering purchasing an A.R.E. cap for their truck, there have been supplier changes made as far as the windows are concerned.
Originally, on the z series, windows were supplied by Creation which is no longer true. Creation Windows is a high quality unit and almost trouble free.

Due to Creation raising their prices, considerably, A.R.E. decided to go to another supplier whose quality is compared to Chinese manufacturing, which we all know, just plain sucks. Creation used hinges on the swing out vent side vent windows and this new supplier uses glue! The same glue or sealant that is used to hold your windshield in. However, windshields do not swing out, are not designed to, and therefore, other than an occasional leak, that sealant works fine.

I have had the side windows replacd twice so far, water leaks are the main problem. Now, I also realize that there is no cap on the market today that will be 100% waterproof, but this new window manufacturer, i expect, thinks i want a swimming pool in the back of my truck.

I am calling Creation up on Monday to see if i can get replacement windows from them. In the meantime, does anyone know where I can get some fish to put in the back of my truck that do not get motion sickness?