Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Need Backglass

Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
GnnrSmk is on a distinguished road
GnnrSmk's Tacoma Gallery
Need Backglass

Hey What's Up? I've Just Registered. N-e Wayz, I Have A 2006 Tacoma And I Was Moving A Sofa When It Just Barely Bumped The Window And It Shattered. So I Am Trying To Find A Replacement And All The Glass People Tell Me Not To Go With That Chinese Aftermarket Crap. Oem Replacement Is Like $700 And The Cheapest Thru Someone In The Business Is $520. My Insurance Deductible Is $1000. So Does Any Body Have Any Experience Like This Or Any Good Ideas? Sorry My Question Is So Long.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! A couple weeks after i got my truck i was sittin in line at a drive through and one of those big industrial mowers shot a rock through my rear window. I did alot of looking around. everyone quoted me between $550 and $650, the dealer was $650. I did find one sketchy body shop that quoted me $320 but i wasn't about to go there. All i really found out was that the back window is actually one piece, even though it is 3 seperate panes, so they have to install the whole thing which is why its so expensive. I hate to tell you this but sounds like your SOL, there is no cheap fix. Fortunately in SC if you have full coverage glass repair is covered by your insurance with no deductable. I have a $500 deductable but didnt have to pay anything and my rates didnt go up. I would check with your insurance company and see if thats an option, they may do glass repair for free
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if u already need one, i'd upgrade to the CR Lawrence power slider. u can get it here....LINK!!!...for $493.15 including free shipping. cheaper than stock and a definate imprevement!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Good point jhodge, if he is gonna have to pay for it out of pocket he should definately upgrade
Old 10-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i know...i want one too...lol