1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm at 104k KM's, what maintenance should I look at doing?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ZMan2k2, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Aug 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 [OP] “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    I've done the usual up to this point, diffs, spark plugs, air filters and all the usual stuff, but being over 100k KM's at this point, I'm wondering when I need to do the big stuff, like replacing the WS trans fluid in my Automatic, and the coolant in the truck. Or, do I wait for the 100k Miles point, or 160k KM's before I have to worry about that stuff.

Thanks.

2. Aug 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    welterbf123

welterbf123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    12voltsolutions.com plug-n-play remote start system. OVTuned OEM Bed lights Underhood and footwell lights Garmin dash-cam Weathertech side vents, bug shield, mud flaps and floor mats Extang Encore tonnau cover OME BP51 Suspension Front & Back / Dakar Leaf Springs Light Racing UCA's XD Holeshot 17" x 9" Wheels Nitto Trail Grapplers 265/70/R17 TRD Pro Grille Raptor Lights iJDMToy 30" LED Hidden Bar Light Toyota Bed Step
    I change all my fluids every 30,000 miles (except engine oil which is changed every 5,000 miles) along with the spark plugs. I also take my brakes apart and reassemble them every year, mainly because in Ohio a lot of salt is used on the roads in the winter and it tends to seize up the brake parts. Don't forget your air filters (intake and cabin). Oil all door hinges including the gas door hinge at every engine oil change. Grease driveline components. Clean throttle body, IAF and MAF.

Products Discussed in

To Top