Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

DMH Exhaust cutout

Old 09-10-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
Tukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud of

Tukohmah's Tacoma Gallery
Wink DMH Exhaust cutout

Loud as hell...just letting anyone doing this mod that you shouldn't tighten the 3 nuts to tight, use red/blue thread-locker and snug or torque at the same exhaust nut specs as specified..... to tight and the butterfly will not move freely, no other problems yet but will keep a close eye/ear on the cutout and report any changes......sorry but I got no write ups or pictures, no dynos but feels like I lost low end but top end feels more open and feel I hit the higher rpms faster.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
does it cut out after the cat(s)? it should gain more top end lose bottom end power due to the loss of backpressure.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
Tukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud of

Yeah after the single cat and 02 sensers, no cels yet....I only open it up on open roads or sometimes just to scare the crap out of other drivers ...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea electric cut outs anyone/scare the hell out of others is a great idea in my opinion.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread w/ pics below. Couldn't find pics of them installed on a taco though.
Attached Thumbnails
DMH Exhaust cutout-dmhcutout.jpg   DMH Exhaust cutout-dmhcutout2.jpg   DMH Exhaust cutout-dmhcutout3.jpg  
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Bumping this thread w/ pics below. Couldn't find pics of them installed on a taco though.
Basically the same setup as the third picture is how I got it set up...
I'll try to get picture up
Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
BigBacon is on a distinguished road
BigBacon's Tacoma Gallery
WoW!! I would love to hear/see this DHM Cutout on an 06' Tacoma. (4.0) If it sounds like I want mine I am DEF. going to purchase!..Very nice.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
Nature just gets the blow-by
Twirlin will become famous soon enough

Twirlin's Tacoma Gallery
bump.

anyone have a clip of this cutout installed on a 4.0 Tacoma?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
i feel like thats such a waste of money... how much those things cost?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #10

Twirlin's Tacoma Gallery
$200 from DMH Performance
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #11

Twirlin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
why is is a waste of money compared to an aftermarket exhaust?
you're basically getting this instead of an aftermerket exhaust. You get the full sound of the engine with the ability to go full stock at the flip of a switch for when you don't want the drone while cruising.
I like the concept, but only for the sound of it, not performance.

Where do people install these where you don't throw a CEL?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirlin View Post
bump.

anyone have a clip of this cutout installed on a 4.0 Tacoma?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F64rIwDUb4E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
That's an opinion your entitled to but to me it was not a waste. I have a choice of an exhaust and I can change on the fly. If I want to play I can but the 95% or so of the time that I'm just driving I don't want the noise or better yet the drone. So what's a "waste" to you has turned out to work pretty well for me.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirlin View Post
why is is a waste of money compared to an aftermarket exhaust?
you're basically getting this instead of an aftermerket exhaust. You get the full sound of the engine with the ability to go full stock at the flip of a switch for when you don't want the drone while cruising.
I like the concept, but only for the sound of it, not performance.

Where do people install these where you don't throw a CEL?
Mine's after all the cats and before the muffler. I've never had a problem with any codes.

To see if you like running with out a muffler unbolt at the flange after the y pipe. It's just two bolts.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
I love tha sound of my cut out open, especially with my headers. I just wished i wouldve purchased an electric one. It sucks having to manually open and close the cutout, so i just leave it open. I get plenty of compliments for tha sound of my truck, even from tha cop who lives down tha street from my parents, he wants one on his tundra now. Its worth it in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #15
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
I love tha sound of my cut out open, especially with my headers. I just wished i wouldve purchased an electric one. It sucks having to manually open and close the cutout, so i just leave it open. I get plenty of compliments for tha sound of my truck, even from tha cop who lives down tha street from my parents, he wants one on his tundra now. Its worth it in my opinion.
If your y pipe or what ever you call it has three bolts you can go electric

http://racereadyperf.net/product_inf...products_id=28
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #17
Prepared for Bambi

[QUOTE=cohrmundt;1913858]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
If your y pipe or what ever you call it has three bolts you can go electric

http://racereadyperf.net/product_inf...=28[/quote]

Yeah it does have three bolts, im going to have to do this. Thanks Man!
No prob. My switch even fits perfectly in a stock blank.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
Can you explain where you wired the positive and ground wires? Or can anyone explain how/where you would wire something (maybe lights for example) that only draws power when the truck is running? There I've read that you can wire it to the cigarette lighter? Any pictures or how to's on this? Also read that you can buy 18 or 22 GA wire and wire it straight to the battery? Correct me if I'm wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Anyone?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
Can you explain where you wired the positive and ground wires? Or can anyone explain how/where you would wire something (maybe lights for example) that only draws power when the truck is running? There I've read that you can wire it to the cigarette lighter? Any pictures or how to's on this? Also read that you can buy 18 or 22 GA wire and wire it straight to the battery? Correct me if I'm wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not familiar with this kit in particular but wiring something so it only gets power when the truck is "on" is the same process regardless of what you're wiring.

You'll need a switch, a relay, an in-line fuse and some wire (and possible an Add-a-circuit depending on how you wire in). Make sure all electrical components are sized appropriately for the load. First, find a circuit that is only 'hot' when the key is turned to on, or piggy back off of an existing circuit that is known to only be 'hot' when the truck is on (the cigarette lighter meets this criteria, otherwise take a test light to the under hood fuse panel and test some circuits). Once you find the circuit you want to use, tap into the positive side of that circuit (by a wire tap or an add-a circuit) and run that wire to the power input side of your switch, then to the relay. That wire will trigger the relay when the circuit is on and the switch is on. Next, run a wire from the battery to the in-line fuse, then to the power input on the relay. Power out from the relay will power whatever you're trying to run. Make sure you ground everything properly (the switch, relay and accessory all need to have solid grounds).