1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Elocker trouble

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by seakayaker32, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Aug 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    seakayaker32

seakayaker32 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Peoria IL
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    TRD CAI, Anytime Locker Mod. Modified Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb exhaust (tail pipe cut off just past the rear axle). All Pro winch bumper w/Tuff Stuff Xtreme 12500lbs winch (don't knock it it was free) All Pro IFS skid plate Custom Transfer Case skid plate Old Man Emu lift Desert products chromoly uniball UCAs Rear Differential breather Mod. Front differential drop kit. Satoshi Grill Bushwhacker Fender Flares Wilschur VT series Tiregate Softopper SOS offroad concept sliders w/kick out. Cobra 29 CB
    So I have a 2006 4x4 Tacoma OR. I went off roading today and couldn't get the e-locker to engage. Are there any common issues that I can try before forking out the big bucks to get it fixed?

FYI - my mechanical knowledge is only slightly beyond being able to change the brakes.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Aug 19, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    Airdog

Airdog did your Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/airdogs-2012-prerunner-access-cab-slow-build.264263/
    Did you try driving forward while turning or even backwards to see if it would engage?

3. Aug 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    seakayaker32

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Peoria IL
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    TRD CAI, Anytime Locker Mod. Modified Doug Thorley Pipe Bomb exhaust (tail pipe cut off just past the rear axle). All Pro winch bumper w/Tuff Stuff Xtreme 12500lbs winch (don't knock it it was free) All Pro IFS skid plate Custom Transfer Case skid plate Old Man Emu lift Desert products chromoly uniball UCAs Rear Differential breather Mod. Front differential drop kit. Satoshi Grill Bushwhacker Fender Flares Wilschur VT series Tiregate Softopper SOS offroad concept sliders w/kick out. Cobra 29 CB
    yup.

4. Aug 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    seakayaker32

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Peoria IL
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road DCSB
    Ok all, for the record, I've used my e-locker quite a lot since I bought the truck in December. Yes, I did have it in 4Lo today, but that's really not necessary on my truck, as I've installed the anytime locker mod.

And no, I haven't been driving my truck around tight curves on dry roads while the locker was engaged, nor have I attempted to engage the e-locker at high speeds, which are the two main culprits for burning a locker out.

This is the first time its given me any trouble, in or out of 4Lo.

Sorry if this sounds a little snippy, but I put this post in technical chat because I really need a technical answer, and, well, I thought I'd just answer all the other simple questions before they are asked.

5. Aug 19, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    Airdog

Airdog did your Mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/airdogs-2012-prerunner-access-cab-slow-build.264263/
    All that info is what should have been in your first post. Any good tech asks the questions we did. But somehow we failed to recognize your genius thru the internet and unintentionally bruised your superior intellect. I shall now retreat to the peasant housing I came from.

6. Aug 19, 2014 at 7:15 PM
    sparkystaco

sparkystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    3" lift? A.R.E cap 285/70/17 moto metal 955 17x9
    First thing would be to push button, then crawl under truck and see if there's power to the plug.
    Could be your anytime mod f*kt up and is not sending power to e-locker

7. Aug 21, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I think what you are not realizing is that we field CONSTANT requests for help on a problem, with insufficient information in the opening post. Here is a good sticky to show you how a request for help be formatted so that those of us who DO have the knowledge can better help you out. I admit I fell out of the tech-chat section because I got tired of so many people asking for help where their post included very little about the problem.

8. Aug 22, 2014 at 9:30 PM
    sparkystaco

sparkystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    3" lift? A.R.E cap 285/70/17 moto metal 955 17x9
    Soooo did you figure what happenned??

Products Discussed in