Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rear Suspension bottoming out 05-06

Old 10-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Suspension bottoming out 05-06

Not sure if anyone else has posted this. This is a link to a toyota issued bulletin concerning weak rear leaf springs. At the moment it only covers 05 and 06 tacomas with 3 leaf suspension. I believe 07 has a 4 leaf, depending on model. I got this link from another toyota forum and posting it here. It shows the actual bulletin once you download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gnmocbq5jp
Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I believe your right that that particular TSB being only for 05 and 06 but the upgraded TSB includes the 07's. I had my local dealership parts guy look it up and it does include the 07's. Mine is done but still in the body shop so i havent had a chance to check out the ride quality and height difference yet. The body shop guy at my dealership is cool, he has the same truck as me. He hasnt gotten the TSB done yet but he put his truck next to mine to see how it looks and he said that the back end is at least 1in higher than his. I'll be interested to see if this affects the vibration at all. I cant wait to get my baby back.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks but this has been discussed.
See post below
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...html#post23121
Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
He hasnt gotten the TSB done yet but he put his truck next to mine to see how it looks and he said that the back end is at least 1in higher than his.
An extra inch of lift! Sounds like justification to buy nerf bars to me!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfponto View Post
Thanks but this has been discussed.
See post below
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...html#post23121
I wasnt sure if it was or not, but the good thing about this, I also have a 07. The dealer i work for didnt get the update yet or lost it somehow. I will give him the update and get mine done.

Will this raise the rear 1" giving the truck an uneven height?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #6
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunruner19 View Post
Will this raise the rear 1" giving the truck an uneven height?
I don't notice that. Truck sits fairly even now. I think the ride is so much better. Doesn't have that spongy feel anymore.

Good luck with your upgrade.