Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Front diff question

Old 04-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
loggerpete is on a distinguished road

loggerpete's Tacoma Gallery
Front diff question

The level is correct in my front diff but oil still comes up through breather.
I took off the small hose that connects the diff to the breather hose and there is oil seaping out of the diff.If there isn`t pressure and the oil level is correct then why is oil coming back up? And thats without it moving for 12 hours too.This is driving me nuts.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
What year Tacoma? But honestly, I'm scratching my head on this one. The differential isn't under any air pressure and it shouldn't be oozing out of the breather vent, did you do anything reciently to the diff? Just give it a while, someone here will know. I changed mine with no problems. Be patient.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #3

I changed driver side axle seal cause it was leaking and the actuator silicon.I drove it for two days then noticed the oil still leaking so thats when I cut the small breather hose off and noticed the next morning oil coming up through the small tube on top of the diff .
Old 04-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1999 with manual hubs, nothing automatic as far as 4x4 is concerned. I get out lock in the hubs then shift into 4x4 whenever I want. Is your truck new? Just turn a switch and viola 4x4? That might be the source of the problem. Auto hub v.s. manual hub. Are you having trouble in 4x4?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #5

No trouble with 4x4 at all. The oil just wants to come back up breather hose although oil is at right level and there is no pressure.