Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Engine idles low when cold, idles high when warm

Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Engine idles low when cold, idles high when warm

I dont mean to double post or whatever but i cannot seem to find whats wrong. Problem is as title says. When i start it cold, it idles as if its warm, and vice versa.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Taco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco'09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Taco'09's Tacoma Gallery
First place I would look is the coolant temp. sensor and see if it is out of specs.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #3
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
I beleive the coolant sensor if it were bad would default to minus 30 degrees which would create a very rich condition . Wouldnt hurt to check it mind you
Any lights on the dash ?
Have you cleaned your idle air control / throttle body / mass air flow sensor ?
when was last tune up ?
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #4
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco'09 View Post
First place I would look is the coolant temp. sensor and see if it is out of specs.
noob here, how do i do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
I beleive the coolant sensor if it were bad would default to minus 30 degrees which would create a very rich condition . Wouldnt hurt to check it mind you
Any lights on the dash ?
Have you cleaned your idle air control / throttle body / mass air flow sensor ?
when was last tune up ?
no lights on the dash, no i have not cleaned the IAC or TB. the MAF sensor is spotless on the inside. I've done some research and most people have been saying that cleaning it doesnt fix it, even though i do know it wouldnt hurt. and i dont know when the last tune-up was. its at 180,XXX miles and i just had a head gasket replaced