1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did I break my fuel injector?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by CrunchyTaco99, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Sep 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM
    CrunchyTaco99

CrunchyTaco99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    33x12.50 Pro Comp M/T's All-Pro Coils, UCA and 3" leafs.
    Installed my supercharger on my 03 Tacoma yesterday and had some trouble getting the fuel rail back on the injectors after installing the fuel line for the 7th injector. Couldn't get the rail to go back on flush as it was slightly off axis and (stupidly) have to a what with a rubber mallet to get it to seat.

Hours later after I finally got the wiring for the URD kit wired in and started it up. There was a very large amount of fuel spraying out of the second injector on the passenger side. It is seated flush with rail and could not see any obvious cracks. It was very late and have a 24 hr shift today so I did not have time to explore further.

I am a unable to get to the truck again until tomorrow afternoon.

I am wondering what my chances are of breaking the injector versus the o-ring being bad/not sealing? I did not lube them as I was in a big hurry to finish. I hate sitting here at the station unable to do anything while worrying about it. I called NAPA to get them to get a new injector just in case. One injector is $140!! Hope I do not need it!

Products Discussed in

To Top