Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

What do you do when Bluetooth says waiting for a long time?

Old 09-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
tacomanto will become famous soon enough
tacomanto's Tacoma Gallery
What do you do when Bluetooth says waiting for a long time?

Hi folks, what do you do when Bluetooth says waiting for Bluetooth? Let's say it's doing it for almost half an hour? Let's say when trying with iPhone 5.

thank you.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
MAH BLERTERTH WERNT PER. ERT SERS WERTIN ERN MAH ERPHERN 5
Old 09-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
No issues with mine, maybe specific to iPhone 5? Have you tried connecting other phones?
Old 09-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone View Post
MAH BLERTERTH WERNT PER. ERT SERS WERTIN ERN MAH ERPHERN 5
Old 12-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
raymondim is on a distinguished road
raymondim's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone solved this yet. I am having a similar issue. I tried to pair my new LG G2 to the stereo system. The pairing did not work. Then the next time I turned on the stereo no bluetooth would start at all. I click select phone and it just says "waiting for Bluetooth..." Is there anyway to do a factory reset or something like this. This is very frustrating.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Marine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud ofMarine.Doc has much to be proud of

Marine.Doc's Tacoma Gallery
visit you dealer or your cell provider and get them to do it for you
Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #7

Cell phone provider would be a waste of time, they hardly have the skill to fix their phone issues let alone diagnose an issue pairing with a system they know absolutely nothing about (Toyota).

If you're having issues with Bluetooth connection, I've found that when I turn the Bluetooth OFF on my device and then turn it back on, that I can try pairing again. If your phone is a registered device on the head unit, delete it from the head unit and try setting it up as a new device. If neither of those work either separate or in a combination, I'd try going to your dealer or emailing/calling Toyota and see if it's a compatibility issue with your phone.

My iPhone 4S gives me full control on my head unit, I can browse contacts and do all kinds of great things. My Galaxy S4 has half the functionality via the head unit, unfortunately.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
buddyfixit is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
buddyfixit's Tacoma Gallery
same problem here

My friend wanted to pair his new G3 and stream his music... now my bluetooth says waiting forever... no phone no bluetooth no bueno. Arent friends great!