1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration between 75 and 85 MPH

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by CRU, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Oct 6, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    CRU

CRU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seminole Cnty, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 SSM TuRD Sport DCLB
    20" Enkei WT4 wrapped in Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 265/50, Steel braided brake lines, Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS deck w/JBL GTO cones, OEM Smoked headlights, OEM LED tails, Clazzio seat covers, aFe Pro-Dry S air filter, Fumoto oil valve, Grillcraft MX grille w/Land Cruiser "TOYOTA" emblem, Redline QuickLIFT hood struts, Leather TRD shift knob, 13" shorty antenna
    Oh look, another vibration thread. :D

Took a long trip this weekend. I hardly ever travel that fast even on interstates, but the speed limit jumped up to 70 and traffic cleared a little so I decided to juice it a bit. Once I hit 76, I started to feel a rough vibration coming through the steering and a loud hum began to build up. This wasn't a side to side steering vibration. More like a vibration you get from a cell phone. The hum and vibration got stronger until about 80 then decreased until it went away around 85 or so.

The wheels/tires were balanced by the Toyota dealer and got new u-joint over a year ago.

Any ideas why the vibrations and loud hum?

Products Discussed in

To Top