Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Headlight restoration

Old 10-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
berk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight restoration

The wife's Corolla has badly hazed lenses and I was considering polishing them up, but they almost seem too far gone for that. I know when I've done it sometimes it seems to only last a few months.
What's the best way to get her light output up to par for the winter?
Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
either use de-hazing solution from any auto parts store or just buy new crystal clear housings.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Replacements will be clear longer. Buffing ams resealing is cheaper.

What are you in the mood for?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
berk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shedberk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the mood for cheap spousal bonus points
Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I got tired of playing that game and bought new lights for my gf........ the ebay specials had shit optics. I then bought OEM lights, and now its like............well, like new!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
DK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: N
DK2006Yota's Tacoma Gallery
If you go the replacement route, its pretty much Depo or TYC as the main manufacturers. A lot of discussion about what, if either of these brands is better. Pretty much just comes out to conjecture unfortunately.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #7
berk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
I got tired of playing that game and bought new lights for my gf........ the ebay specials had shit optics. I then bought OEM lights, and now its like............well, like new!
I see some new ones on fleabay for like 90$ a pair. If they are not oem are you saying they might not be good? I dont want to invest in shitty product.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-H...56366f&vxp=mtr
Old 10-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #8
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I've had pretty good luck with the 3m kit that hooks to a drill. Used on my wife's old Passat wagon. Looked new.
You're actually sanding and polishing the surface so there really is no "too far gone"