1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Factory Alarm. Can I add features?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tony7758, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Oct 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    tony7758

tony7758 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Pearland, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD TRD OR
    I now have a 2012 Tacoma DCSB TRD 4x4 OffRoad. V6, Automatic & tow package. Before this I had the 2007 Tacoma DCSB TRD 4x4 OffRoad. V6, Automatic & tow package. The 2007 had a hood alarm contact connected to the factory alarm system. If the hood went up the alarm went off. It worked the same as if you opened the door. I did not get this with my 2012. I did get the "S6" premium security system on my 2012 for $359 on the window sticker. The 2007 had the factory alarm also. I asked where the hood alarm contact was when picking up the 2012 new. I was told there is no such thing?

1. So is the 2012 alarm system different? Or do I have another input available on my alarm module? Could I wire it to a hood or a tool box alarm contact?

2. Is there anyway to use a 4 button key fob with the 2012 Tacoma and program the extra button for something else? I would like to make it turn on a relay if this can be done. I guess the alarm module would have to have an unused output for this.

I would like to turn on a timer, an off delay relay with the extra key fob button. It would power the accessory power input to the stereo for 5 minutes. By the time the relay drops out. The truck will be running and the ignition power will operate the stereo. My aftermarket stereo/NAV system takes over a minute to boot up. I would like that minute to start when I walk out the house or work door. I will push the extra button when opening the house door to leave for work. Or before shutting off the engine to fill the truck with gas.

Products Discussed in

To Top