Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Transmission Line

Old 10-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
avidnyhunter83 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shawn
avidnyhunter83's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission Line

I have a 2006 Tacoma V6 4X4 with the off road package. Last summer I had to replace the power steering line because part of the line had corroded. I was replacing the serpentine belt today and noticed that another line was corroded. I traced the line back to the side of the transmission pan. There are two lines going into the pan, and the one on the left is the one that is leaking. The part that is corroded is up near the front of the engine.

Anyone know what the name of this line is so I can get the right part ordered? Where is the best place to order from? Any help is appreciated!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a 2nd gen, but it sounds like those are the tranny cooler lines. If so, the other ends should be attached to the radiator.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
Does anyone know if the transmission cooler lines are low pressure lines? If so, I think I can replace it with hose instead of the metal OE line that corroded.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidnyhunter83 View Post
Does anyone know if the transmission cooler lines are low pressure lines? If so, I think I can replace it with hose instead of the metal OE line that corroded.
The hard lines lead in to soft lines to go in to the trans cooler. What you are looking for is the No. 1 oil cooler outlet and inlet tube. Looks like the outlet is the rear most fitting, and the inlet is the forward most fitting.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
MPW is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MPW's Tacoma Gallery
Not high pressure as in power steering pump pressure, which can be well over 1000 PSI. Transmission line pressure can run close to 100 PSI but the cooler circuit is probably a bit lower.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Don't use any old hose. The materials used in various hoses are designed to resist getting eaten up the particular caustic fluid running thru it (gas, ATF, PS fluid, brake fluid, etc).

You can get away with using any old hose for vacuum lines and maybe coolant.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #7
The problem is I'm having trouble finding replacement line. It seems to be pretty easy to bend the tube with a tube bender you can buy at Home Depot, but where do I buy the line? I'm going to check Autozone tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: Canadain bumber technician
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Dana as far as i am concerned sells the best transmission cooling line hoses . Its a matter of finding them in your area . Double clamp on each end of the hose , and if using new metal cooling line , be sure to double flare the ends.
http://162.74.99.105/Automotive_Syst...Products2.aspx