1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lean fuel idle after hot start for a bit.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MadTaco461, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Nov 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 [OP] BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    A very interesting issue with my truck popped up. It might be due to adding a turbo, but hopefully it is just a small mechanical issue.

I have a 99 2rzfe motor. I start the motor up and I run lean for about a minute on a hot start at idle. It starts up great. My wideband takes 30 seconds to warm up before it reads. When it does read my AFR's are at 17ish. My long term fuel trims are about +5% My short term fuel trim is all sorts of wacky during this period. It maxes out to full -18% at hot start and after about a minute it finds its place back to right around 0% and everything is happy. The -18% explains the lean afr reading. It does idle very rough and doesn't want to rev up during this issue. After the minute everything is like nothing happened. The truck drives great and runs very clean. Throttle body is clean. PVC valve doesn't even go into the intake track.

Is this maybe a heat soak issue on the MAF sensor? So maybe just a byproduct of moving the MAF inside the turbo stream? I'll post my intake temps when this happens again.

I can't see it as a bad o2 sensor???

Products Discussed in

To Top