Does anyone know

Old 11-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Tacomaproblems is on a distinguished road
Name: Allen
Tacomaproblems's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know

My tacoma won't shift from park what's wrong with it
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
RifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedRifkinMasterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RifkinMasterson's Tacoma Gallery
Check the switch that's connected to the shift and the brake pedal that keeps you from shifting unless your foot is on the brake.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
Probably a dead brake light switch.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #4
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lobster View Post
Probably a dead brake light switch.
Until you figure it out, there should be an over-ride slot near the shifter. If you have an owner's manual, it will describe it.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
If its the brake light switch, keep in mind just cuz u can over ride the trans and get it in drive, u may not have brake lights.

This was my problem, dealer only part, about $30, and took me 10 seconds to replace..... A year later and no issues.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
If its the brake light switch, keep in mind just cuz u can over ride the trans and get it in drive, u may not have brake lights.

This was my problem, dealer only part, about $30, and took me 10 seconds to replace..... A year later and no issues.
If this is the case your cruise either may not work, or it may not disable when you push the brakes so be careful if it does engage.

I added cruise to my wife's car and part of that was switching out the brake pedal sensor for one that would send a signal to the cruise control system.