Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Front Bumper Replacement Anyone?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
spencer_hong is on a distinguished road
spencer_hong's Tacoma Gallery
Front Bumper Replacement Anyone?

I got into a small accident and swiped the right side of my front bumper. Just wondering if anyone on here has gotten it replaced. How big of a hole is this goign to put in my wallet?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
probably a good sized hole. i just had to have my rear chrome bumber replaced and it was around $300. Now keep in mind the rear bumper is simple in design compared to the front, plus the front will have to be painted. i would estimate at least $600 if not more.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a HUGE bolt on chunk of aluminum just below the grill that I'm guessing is the crumple or crush zone of the bumper. If you squished that, that will also need repalceing.

Crawl under there and have a look for your self.

- M
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
spencer_hong is on a distinguished road
spencer_hong's Tacoma Gallery
No I didn't crush the aluminum under the bumper, yet I've done alot of work under there and haven't seen it. The bumper is just all plastic. And no I just swiped it, touched it up with some touch up paint from the dealer, but I just need to eventually get it replaced.

I'm not sure if it'll be up to $600 ndcouch, my buddy found a front bumper on eBay for $80 from the Longo Toyota where I bought my truck. I'm not sure if it was painted though.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer_hong View Post
No I didn't crush the aluminum under the bumper, yet I've done alot of work under there and haven't seen it. The bumper is just all plastic. And no I just swiped it, touched it up with some touch up paint from the dealer, but I just need to eventually get it replaced.

I'm not sure if it'll be up to $600 ndcouch, my buddy found a front bumper on eBay for $80 from the Longo Toyota where I bought my truck. I'm not sure if it was painted though.
Wow, thats cheap. I got mine replaced at the dealership since insurance was paying for it. It was right at $300 ithink for just the rear bumper. I just assumed the front would be alot more because of the design and the fact taht it would need to be painted