1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strange annoying squeak

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Flymaker, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Dec 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    Flymaker

Flymaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Double Cab
    Bone Stock
    Late fall my truck 2012 Tacoma 4dr 4X ...developed this annoying squeaking noise , that I mainly noticed as I would come up the alley behind the house to park....The Alley is rather rutted and I would hear this noise ....I was convinced it was coming from my front suspension bushings ..so I sprayed the bushings down with a product called super Lube ....its not supposed to react or harm the rubber in the bushings.....I went thru 2 full cans of this stuff and the squeak persisted .....so I jacked up the truck and pulled the wheels to check everything out ball joints ..etc....everything was fine ...Then after I got the wheels back on I was rocking the truck by standing in the passenger door way and the squeak sounded much different ..while rocking the truck I reached over the door and layed my hand on the hood.....I could feel the squeak in the hood ..I then opened the hood and the squeak was magically gone ......damn rubber pads and seals under the hood where making the noise.....So after 5 minutes with some armor all and a old wash cloth finally peace......

DrFunker likes this.
  2. Dec 7, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    good find!

3. Dec 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    This makes me wonder. I'm getting a bad squeak from what sounds like the front passenger side suspension.

4. Dec 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM
    Flymaker

Flymaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Double Cab
    Bone Stock

take some armor all and wipe all the rubber seal's and pads under the hood down...cured it for me.....

5. Dec 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    It's likely the rear leaf springs, 2nd gens are notorious for that. I had mine replaced on my 2011 because it drove me crazy. Not only did it eliminate the squeaks, but it also gave me real rear suspension that I could use for hauling something heavy in the back without it sagging to the bump stops.

6. Dec 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    moondeath

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I'll give this a try.

I might have this also. Lol. But I definitely have a noise coming from the front.

7. Dec 13, 2014 at 5:52 PM
    moondeath

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    I confirmed today that my hood was definitely making the noise. My squeak is severe. I stood on the door jam and rocked the truck and was able to duplicate the squeak. I then opened the hood and did the same thing. No more squeak.

I tried wd40 white lithium on the plastice hood supports, but it's still squeaking. Gonna try some normal grease and see if that works.

8. Nov 23, 2015 at 6:07 PM
    FSUtaco

FSUtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    13 Reg Cab 4x4
    Eibachs, 5100s, 7089s and 265s
    Having the exact same issue at the moment. Rock the truck with hood down I get a squeak. Open the hood - no squeak.

Did anyone ever isolate the sound? I just sprayed down every single piece of weather stripping/rubber support knob with silicone spray and the squeak persisted.

9. Nov 23, 2015 at 6:56 PM
    moondeath

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top