1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viper alarm/remote start problem...need help!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Subdewd, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Dec 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM
    Subdewd

Subdewd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pearl Harbor, HI
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD OR 4x4
    I recently had a Viper 5706 system installed. This morning I started it from the remote start. Everything seemed fine. I went out and unlocked/disarmed it. After getting in, I put the key into the ignition, turning it to the run position, and touched the brake pedal. This is how you transition to normal operation from the remote start. Then the truck shuts off and says Remote Start Off. Now the truck won't even turnover. It just clicks if I try to start it normally, as if the ignition has been cut off. I know it's nothing with the truck b/c it starts up just fine with remote start. It just doesn't shift over right. I can't find anything in the manual that's of any use for troubleshooting this. Any help would be appreciated as I'm stuck at the moment!!!

2. Dec 18, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
    You may be able to disable the alarm by holding the transponder next to the antenna (blue flashing light attached to the windshield). Hold it up, then push the button on the antenna. I think that disables the alarm, then see if the truck starts. It may be something goofy with the install that you can have the installer look at. Good Luck, its never fun when things go wonky.

3. Jan 27, 2015 at 4:16 PM
    fizik

fizik Accidental Offroader

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB SR5, '10 DCSB TRD OffRoad (deceased)
    Since I am considering a 5706. I'd really like to know how this turned out. How did you get your truck running again?

Products Discussed in

To Top