Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Oil Filter socket?

Old 01-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
VaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
VaGlock's Tacoma Gallery
Oil Filter socket?

Who makes a good socket style oil filter tool for the factory filters, have a universal one and it sucks? 2014 V6
Old 01-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
JohnB81 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
JohnB81's Tacoma Gallery
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dCategory=-113

I have not ordered one yet, I think they have a minimum purchase price to make an order.
Also Assenmacher tools, possibly available at Sears but I think they run in the $20 range
Old 01-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Shelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud ofShelf Life has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
Shelf Life's Tacoma Gallery
Leather glove works for me. The older Toys with the underneath filter were a nightmare. The top design was a major improvement.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
VaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
VaGlock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB81 View Post
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dCategory=-113

I have not ordered one yet, I think they have a minimum purchase price to make an order.
Also Assenmacher tools, possibly available at Sears but I think they run in the $20 range

Will check out Sears the next time I am out that way. Thanks
Old 01-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
VaGlock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelf Life View Post
Leather glove works for me. The older Toys with the underneath filter were a nightmare. The top design was a major improvement.
Most of the time I just use a rag and my hand, this first factory installed filter was real tight. I thought with the filter pointing up at you a socket would be great to have.