1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Accident ?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Charlot, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Jan 4, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    Charlot

Charlot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Hi guys
    New Years Eve ,in the afternoon,and old man on a four stop corner came and simply just ran into me.
    I think he had sun in his eyes,because he nevr slowed down,and i could nt beleive that even after a good 5 seconds i was immobilised,and he kept heading my ways,like i was nt there.
    So he collided the right side on the driver s front corner.
    It was my turn to go and after i started turning on the left side he just came from the other side like i was nt there,so he never touched the brakes until he hit my Tacoma.
    No one was hurt most important,though his car is pretty much in very bad shape,and probably will be call total wreck.
    I feel sorry for the old man which was 92 years old!
    Now my skid plate is all bended,also my door on the driver s side went down a little,but now the door does nt sealed like it used too ,my bumper,again on the driver s side is bended,and a bit crushed.
    Now this morning when i backed out to remove the snow,i noticed some yellow spots on the snow ,and i don t know what iy is?
    Is it my radiator? can it be a brake line?
    Next week,insurance will call me ,and i will take probably my Tacoma to Toyota dealer about that leaks under the truck that worries me..
    Thanks
    My regards
    Charly

2. Jan 4, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Sorry.
    Front corner.
    He had a 2002 Nissan Sentra,,i think,,
    He pretty much went middle and one foot from the inside end of the bumber.
    The chrome part is intact, even all my lights are OK,even the fogg light ,very close to where the whole impact was.

3. Jan 4, 2015 at 6:19 PM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    Brake or power steering? (I don't know if the PS pump is on the driver's side).

4. Jan 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM

302 I love Taylor Swift :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawrence
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB TRD Sport SSM
    Bedside decal
    I was concerned last year about yellow spots under my truck. Finally after a few days I discovered it was my cat that was leaking. Not part of the exhaust system, my pet cat.

Can we see some pictures of said accident??

5. Jan 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    Good luck Charly. :eek:

6. Jan 5, 2015 at 2:46 AM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Thanks guys
    The Tacoma will be looked by a mechanic this week.
    All the best from cold Canada
    Charly

7. Jan 7, 2015 at 3:06 AM
    Charlot

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 2018 Upgraded
    Well insurance called me and now that repair guy that does our work for accidents already ordered all the parts.
    New front bumper,new pre-runner ( small black grill above that bumber between that chrome one,also a new skip plate.)
    I can t wait for them to do that work,but yo look at the truck there is much ,unless you look upclose.
    All the best

Products Discussed in

To Top