Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Odometer backup location

Old 01-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
bradforj is on a distinguished road
bradforj's Tacoma Gallery
Odometer backup location

As I have started considering an LED upgrade on my instrument cluster, I have realized just how easy it is for someone to swap them out. This makes me wonder if the previous owner of my truck might have done so, since my truck is considered very low miles for its age. Is there anywhere else on the truck that keeps up with mileage? I would like to verify that the reading on my odometer matches if possible.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I'm aware of, but in California, the DMV keeps a record of mileage each time the vehicle changes hands. A report can be obtained for a small fee.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #4
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj View Post
Is there anywhere else on the truck that keeps up with mileage?

The cluster is only a reader. The truck's computer holds the memory for mileage.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:41 AM   #5
Clearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Billy
Clearwater Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
Not that I'm aware of, but in California, the DMV keeps a record of mileage each time the vehicle changes hands. A report can be obtained for a small fee.
So if I run it back before I sell it, just not to the level it was when I bought it, then the state system fails?