1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues with brakes. Had to drive through water all day.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by HenryG, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jan 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM
    HenryG

HenryG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington State
    Yesterday we had historic flooding in our area and I was forced to drive though fairly deep water most of the day. Maybe 15 miles total with the water around 15-18in in spots. Obviously the clearance wasn't an issue but my brakes are acting a little strange now.

Whenever I had to reverse after being in the water the brake pads would chatter really loud at slow speeds for a few seconds. I figured this was due to all the water I was driving through but it's done the same thing a few times today. Just before coming to a full stop it would chatter like it did the previous day. I also noticed there is a slight pulsing of the brakes when coming to a stop. I can only describe it like you would with a warped rotor.

Any ideas?

2. Feb 5, 2015 at 8:45 PM
    mdc1992

mdc1992 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Waco TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Access Cab. 2.7L 5 Speed
    Previous 2012 White DCSB 4.0L V6
    your rotors would have been hot before entering the water. It is possible that your rotors might have warped depending on how quickly they cooled. I had a buddy warp his pretty bad after crossing a cold mountain stream on a summer day after coming down a steep downgrade and he used a lot of brakes.

Products Discussed in

To Top