1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune update 2012 tacoma

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Strout207, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Jan 14, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    Strout207

Strout207 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 t/x pro
    T/X Pro
    My current entune version is 1.12.310.56. Is there a new version out? And if so where do u get the new version?

2. Jan 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    eazyrider711

eazyrider711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Northern, CO
    Vehicle:
    Black DCSB T|X Baja
  3. Jan 18, 2015 at 9:20 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    I can't believe out of all the Entune users, there is not more heck raised about how it is impossible to get the current update 3.2. I did, as many others, the update when I first bought my truck without a single problem.

4. Jan 22, 2015 at 6:38 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    Ok, contacted Toyota and this was their response on updates to the Entune system.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We are truly sorry that you are not being notified about updates to your Entune system.

Once the vehicle is outside the parameters of the warranty, the costs of Entune updates
    become the responsibility of the owner.

We researched your Vehicle Identification Number, ########, and determined that your 2012 Tacoma is equipped with the Display Audio with Navigation system; notifications are not sent to you, you will need to check periodically with your local dealerships to see if there are any updates available.

Each Toyota dealership has, on site, a Customer Relations Manager to oversee the various operations and address any concerns a customer may have. Thus, we have contacted Hope Werner, the Customer Relations Manager at Toyota Sunnyvale, to further address your concerns. The Customer Relations Manager will contact you via phone by the end of the business day, January 26, 2015.

5. Jan 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Had car serviced at the dealer, today and asked for the software update. They said there was no update for the JBL version on Entune.

6. Jan 30, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    Idaholandho

Idaholandho The other white meat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 Now - 2022 Trail Edition, 2015 TRD 4x4 and a 2006 SR5 4x4
    2015 Tacoma, Magnuson Supercharger, Bully Dog Flash and GT, Safari Snorkel, Toytec BOSS 2.5 Coil Over Front, Toytec BOSS Aluma 2.5 Rear, Toytec 10 Leaf Pack, Stainless Brake Lines, Icon UCA's, CBI Reverse Adj Shackle Mounts, CBI Ubolt Flip Kit, Timbren Bump Stops, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000S Winch and SR2 Rigid Flood Lights, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 Rear Swingout Bumper, Rigid SR2 backup lights and Dual RotopaX / Fuel/First Aid Pack, CBI Rock Sliders, CBI Full Skids and CBI Rear Diff Armor, BAMF LCA Skids, FrontRunner Outfitters Slimline II Roof Rack w/ Rigid SR2 40" Combo Light Bar, Rock lights, Rigid pods in Bed Rack, Intelligent Battery System w/ Dual NorthStar batteries, Spod Power Distribution, illuminated switch panel in sunglasses holder, Viar Extreme Duty On-Board Air w/ 2.5 Gallon Tank under bed, Air 2 Air Sys, Magnaflow Exhaust, Fuel Off Road Trophy Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country R/T, Diff breather mod, FX-R BHLM Demon Eye headlights, Esuse LED Fog Kit, Pelfreybilt Camera Relocation mount, Pelfreybilt ax/shovel bed mount, Debadged, tint, a 2006 Tacoma SR5 and a 2022 Trail Edition
    I m considering replacing my Entune with a sweat sock. Dirty whore piece of shit. :)

7. Mar 1, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    sonic77

sonic77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Grey 4x4 TRD
    None Yet!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. Mar 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM
    sonic77

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    None Yet!
    If you see anymore on 3.3 let me know 3.2 was the latest I could find im sure it will be posted eventually

9. Mar 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    sonic77

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    None Yet!
    No problem lol it's cold outside here in Central IL too and im couch surfing the net also

10. Aug 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Just received a email from Toyota that a new version will be available August 20

Step 3: Update your multimedia system

To use these new apps in your vehicle, the multimedia system software within your vehicle must be updated. In addition to adding these apps, this software update will help enhance Bluetooth3 and multimedia functionality.

You will need to utilize your desktop computer or laptop and a blank USB 2.0 flash drive with a minimum storage capacity of 2GB to download the software update from the newly established Toyota Downloads site on Toyota.com, https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/downloads. To assist with performing the software update, please refer to the Entune App Suite Download User Guide located within the site.

Once the software update is successfully downloaded onto the USB memory drive, you will need to upload the software to your vehicle's multimedia system via the vehicle's USB port. Use your Owner's Manual to find the location of the USB port within your vehicle.

Important note: If you attempt to use the Bing app on or after August 20 without performing this update, you will be prompted with the message below on your multimedia system.

EDDO likes this.
  11. Dec 3, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    physicshammer

physicshammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Santa Clara
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja with 1" extra lift and AAL rear springs
    sliders, larger stock size tires, Baja suspension plus 1" extra
    Just a quick note to help google find this thread : update 2.1.0 to 3.1.0 or 3.2.0 entune bluetooth audio lockups hangups please wait.

Thanks sonic77 for the links on post #7 - these worked for me!! I have a 2012 TRD Baja that I just got used - and the bluetooth didn't work well with my iPhone 6. Just updated it - hope it works better now.

12. Dec 3, 2016 at 11:49 AM
    sonic77

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Peoria IL.
    Vehicle:
    None Yet!
    No Prob glad I could help!

13. Oct 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM
    NewTaco76

NewTaco76 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edmonton
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD T/X
    TRD exhaust, TRD rims
    Anyone know if you can upgrade from a factory deck to an Entune deck on a 2012 tacoma?

Products Discussed in

To Top