1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 tacoma trouble after jump start.

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Vando76, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    Vando76

Vando76 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vancouver washington
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma doublecab prerunner
    Custom lumber rack
    Hello I'm new on here and wondering if anybody has any clue as to what my problem is. My truck has been acting strangely after I tried and helped somebody jump start their car. The real crappy thing is when I helped this guy(idiot) I hooked up the jumper cables on my truck and while I was doing this he grabbed the other end and hooked up the other side to his truck. In doing this he hooked up th jumpers backwards! I was livid! It sparked and quickly took them off and contained myself from lashing out on him. He hooked the positive on the negative and the negative on the positive.

So since then my truck has slowly gotten worse. Now when I drive I hear strange noises on the left side of the steering wheel in the dash . The main problem is when I turn off my truck and take key out the heater still is running and windshield wipers stay on. This has caused my battery to go dead. It's weird without putting key in ignition my heater fan will work, windshield wipers as well. What relay would this be? Or is it a relay? I'm i totally screwed?
    I'm hoping I can fix this myself if it's not to incredibly difficult.

2. Jan 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    Rickoutdoors

Rickoutdoors Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Montreal,Qc,Canada
    heated mirrors, lighted cup holders, backup lights, backflip cover, box lights, raised diff breather, solenoid tailgate lock, flashlight holder,
    Check your fusible liknks

3. Jan 16, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    Does everything turn on without the key in? Radio along with what you stated?

There may be a main relay that became fused closed due to the power backfeed. Total speculation, but it sounds like your stuck in the aux, or on position.

4. Jan 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    Rickoutdoors

Rickoutdoors Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Montreal,Qc,Canada
    heated mirrors, lighted cup holders, backup lights, backflip cover, box lights, raised diff breather, solenoid tailgate lock, flashlight holder,
    Like Moondeath says..... and check your links there are 3 , next to your under hood fuse box

Products Discussed in

To Top