Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

FRONTIER

Old 01-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
FRONTIER

Anyone ever owned one? possibly lookin at an 01 v6 with possible bad head gaskets.Any input would be appriciated.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
bad head gaskets can lead to engine problems.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
I love Taylor Swift :D
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lawrence
302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverstuck View Post
bad head gaskets can lead to engine problems.
Engine problems leave you stranded in the wilderness. Get stranded in the wilderness and you might get body slammed by a lowland gorilla. Do you want to get body slammed by a lowland gorilla?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #4
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
The head gaskets on the nissan v6s often go bad, I had a 4 cylinder, gasket issues too. Its not a terrible job to change them, just do the timing at tht same time too.

I loved my 97, ran untill 270k or there abouts. Would have gone longer but my partner insisted I get a new truck.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
stombs is just really nicestombs is just really nicestombs is just really nicestombs is just really nicestombs is just really nice
Name: Scott
stombs's Tacoma Gallery
I use one for a my lawn business and honestly beat the hell out of the thing its an 02 with a v6 has about 97k on it the only problem we had was a gasket and a fuel pump and power steering. however these rust like hell but still cranks right up every morning and tough as nails almost got one of a tacoma just never liked the looks
Old 01-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned three Nissan V6s (all '04s. One died in a collision, traded the others off for something else). They were excellent vehicles. If either of the last two had been 4wd I would still have it. Can't speak for head gasket problems. Mine didn't have any.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #7
loosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shedloosnut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: jerry
loosnut's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the responses.