Hi there, I am new to Tacos and new to the forum. I just bought a 2005 a few weeks ago and was driving home tonight from a longer trip and was 3 hours into the trip through mountains and both lights came on and it seemed like a light knocking, although I pull to the side, shifted into neutral and shut off immediately so I can't really gauge the knock.
I had it towed and I am now in a hotel room searching for answers ( I have read through a tone, but none seem to fit) or at least some direction to a small town shop as they are the only one within hundreds of miles. ( so I am in control of what they do )
As a background,
- The truck just had the frame replaced (4 weeks ago) through the recall and during that time Toyota said they went through it thoroughly and only found catalytic converter issues
- I noticed a bit of a "hot" smell when I stopped to get fuel but it was gone quickly
- I have checked the oil regularly the last couple weeks and when I pulled over I checked it and it was still good after the issue
- All regular services have been done since new
1. What are the risks of starting it up to test oil pressure? Is there a way to make sure we don't do more damage?
2. Any thoughts on why both lights would come on at the same time?
thanks! Any help would be great!