Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Transmision Noise?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
bbarian333 is on a distinguished road

bbarian333's Tacoma Gallery
Transmision Noise?

Not sure if its just my truck or normal noises. When im standing still and i move my shifter from nuetral to drive or reverse i can hear the transmision. with its airy sounding shhhhhh. Does anyone else notice this? Im taking my truck in 3 days from now. Maybe they'll let me see if another truck on the lot does this. Any input would be greatly aprecciated.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarian333 View Post
Not sure if its just my truck or normal noises. When im standing still and i move my shifter from nuetral to drive or reverse i can hear the transmision. with its airy sounding shhhhhh. Does anyone else notice this? Im taking my truck in 3 days from now. Maybe they'll let me see if another truck on the lot does this. Any input would be greatly aprecciated.

im gonna say pretty normal, and i think its a vacuum line opening and closing. i dont think ya have anything to worry about.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
bbarian333 is on a distinguished road

bbarian333's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx for the response Tacomaman. I know the sound that your talking about, but what im trying to describe is not that vacuum sound that everybody talks about . Its a consistant non stop shhhh thats constant as long as im not in neutral or park. Sounds to me like an older vehicle that needs the tranny fluid changed. Anyway i'll be taking mine in in 2 days for regular oil change maintenance and to hit them up on the rear spring tsb and the ticking manifold tsb.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
maybe the tranny fluid is a little on the low side. get the dealer to check it and let me know what you find out!! hope it turns out to be nothing major anyway.