1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air filter housing clamp locations?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by grandpapacker, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mar 28, 2015 at 5:34 PM
    grandpapacker

grandpapacker [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Chesapeake,Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Club Cab extended bed 4X4 V6
    Added weston running bds.,added chrome Bull Bar,added In-Channel Ventvisors Added outdoor temperature reading device using sensor mounted in grill,installed Tri-Fold Tonneau cover on truck bed
    I lost one of my air filter housing clamps when replacing my air filter.I've obtained a replacement and have seen online a picture showing two clamps on the right side(opposite the firewall).I own a 2011 Tacoma 4.0l V6.With the two clamps on the right hand side the housing seems secure.My question is;is there supposed to be a clamp on the left side(firewall side)and if so where should it be located?Any serious answer and/or picture of a air filter housing and its clamps on a 4.0l V6 would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Grandpspacker:confused: Found that the only 2 clamps on the air filter for my 2011 Tacoma 4.0L V6 are on the right hand side(towards the front on vehicle).There are no clamps on the left side towards the firewall.The left side just slips into something of a groove.I had replaced the air filter several times before.I just forgot about that 2nd clamp after losing it several weeks ago.A quick review of how to replace the air filter on my type of vehicle straightened me out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Mar 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM
    sparkystaco

sparkystaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sparky
    SE Wi
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 dc trd ofrd
    3" lift? A.R.E cap 285/70/17 moto metal 955 17x9
    Firewall side has tabs that lock into the housing and the clamps secure it on the rad side

3. Mar 31, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    grandpapacker

grandpapacker [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Chesapeake,Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Club Cab extended bed 4X4 V6
    Added weston running bds.,added chrome Bull Bar,added In-Channel Ventvisors Added outdoor temperature reading device using sensor mounted in grill,installed Tri-Fold Tonneau cover on truck bed
    Thanks for your answer.I just went brain dead after I lost one of my two clamps a couple of weeks ago.Thanks again,Grandpapacker

Products Discussed in

To Top