LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Gas Mileage.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:49 AM   #21
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Hey Mpls....Apple Valley here.

19 mpg ain't bad for city. If you drive carefully and/or get a scan gauge it can go to 20-21, mine will. Highway, like I35, you should get 24-26 on a good day. Remember, you have a 4x4 and are dragging a lot more hardware than the 2x's . Take out the secondary, get an AFE air filter and go to synthetic, that'll help a little.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #22
papasbluetk is on a distinguished road
papasbluetk's Tacoma Gallery
gas milage

Thanks for the oil idea - what is a K&N air filter and where do I get one?

Papasblutk
Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #23
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Add to my post above: The 2.7 is not efficient at 70+ mph, the revs are too high! You've got to keep the rpm less than 2500 for good mpg which puts you at 60-65 mph. All the hoo-ha about synthetic oil and air filters is just that...they help a little but won't push you into the mid 20's city. The only way to get the best mileage is to drive with a LIGHT foot! Shift at 2500 or so and keep your average rpm at 18-2000, every time you "punch it" you're pouring a whole lot of fuel into the cylinders. Buy a Scan-Gauge and it'll tell you how you are driving and give you an accurate mileage number.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
What is a K&N filter and where do I find one?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #25
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I'd avoid the K&N air filter. If you make a mistake with the K&N it can foul your MAF sensor. The AFE Dry Pro S air filter is easier to maintain (No oiling) and has gotten very popular with members here.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #26
Thanks will look for one
Old 06-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #27
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I THOUGHT THAT IF I TYPED THIS IN ALL CAPS YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND.

ALL CAPS SUCKS. NEVER USE IT. EVER. NO MATTER WHAT.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #28
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I THOUGHT THAT IF I TYPED THIS IN ALL CAPS YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND.

ALL CAPS SUCKS. NEVER USE IT. EVER. NO MATTER WHAT.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Damn. That was rough. Guess I need to stop using caps lock.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:39 PM   #29
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
In my business class, my teacher told me using all caps means your yelling at someone and it is considered very rude.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #30
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
In my business class, my teacher told me using all caps means your yelling at someone and it is considered very rude.
Yep. That is what they taught me in every class that I have taken. One professor equated it to a loud car commercial that is in your face. Sounds about right...

Products Discussed in this Thread