Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

*FREE* Topographical Maps For Garmin Nuvi GPS

Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railwayrog View Post
Do you need to be a Garmin owner to take advantage of this freebie? I was hoping I could load it to my desktop but I don't have an unlock key.

I'm not sure if you can use the mapsource from garmin to load maps, but you can definately dl the map upgrades from the website to your computer. I'm unaware of how you can load them to your GPS though after that.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #24
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I'll be doing this as soon as I get home. Around the 1st. Thanks.
Awesome. I know you'll like it.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #25
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
I tried it and it worked great on my nuvi! Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 AM   #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
I tried it and it worked great on my nuvi! Thanks for the info!!

No problem. I'm glad I'm able to help some folks. Thanks go out to the Mods for making this a sticky!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
sAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud of

Air Force: 19 EMXS/MXMG
sAm I aM's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my GPS's in and loading up maps now. Thanks for the good find and a bump.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #28
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks GhostRomeo!

Did this on an old Garmin StreetPilot and it worked like a charm.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #29
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
oh cool, last week when i was at the beach i saw my elevation at -4ft on ocean drive kinda made me say wtf....

I was stationed in Holland with my stint with the Air Force. Talk about below sea level. The international airport there is 15' below sea level. There is a pole/totem pole thingy out front of the terminal and it has a boat at the top indicating where your are in relation to the water level.

The pilots would come back and show where the indicators showed below sea level flight paths.

You'd be on the train heading into A-Dam and the barges being pushed up through the canals would be higher than you in your rail car. Freaky looking UP to watch the boats.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:14 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAm I aM View Post
Finally got my GPS's in and loading up maps now. Thanks for the good find and a bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Thanks GhostRomeo!

Did this on an old Garmin StreetPilot and it worked like a charm.

You got it!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Loaded a topo map today. Thanks for the links I wouldn't have known otherwise.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #32
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed
Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
subscribed

I don't accept that......

Just comment saying that the new Topo map you just loaded works most awesomeist of all the maps and profess your love........
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #34
Rude Boy |><|
Phantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantom_X-SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Phantom_X-SP's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome....rep for you good sir
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_X-SP View Post
Awesome....rep for you good sir

Thanks man!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 AM   #36
[eric] is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
[eric]'s Tacoma Gallery
when i first came across these maps a few months ago i was stoked too. but these are maps other people have made and posted them up. most of of maps in my area for colorado are not 100% useful. for example, the route calculations dont work or waypoints are in the wrong spots.

its always fun playing with new maps, but for something more reliable i would suggest using torrents and just download the real maps.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #37
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by [eric] View Post
when i first came across these maps a few months ago i was stoked too. but these are maps other people have made and posted them up. most of of maps in my area for colorado are not 100% useful. for example, the route calculations dont work or waypoints are in the wrong spots.

its always fun playing with new maps, but for something more reliable i would suggest using torrents and just download the real maps.

That sucks that your Colorodo maps aren't accurate because my Texas map works fine. Using torrents and downloading the actual maps created by Garmin would be illegal. This way isn't.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Screen shot? Or am I being like these guys...

Words!

Screen shots are on the website.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
Bushknight is on a distinguished road
Bushknight's Tacoma Gallery
HEY guy in am from Canada and if you want a good Canadian map that is free and works on my NUVI and Map Source, download this one. it is an ISO file so you will have to burn it to a disc for it to work then install http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/ use this u tube video is is good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPVeyw0MyaE