Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

which is a better spark plugs?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
which is a better spark plugs?

NGK or Denso?

I like the laser irdium and denso too...
u guys think i should just get the NGK. Easy to get at parts store anyway!
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I run NGK, Anything But bosch
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I can get those ngk iridiums for like 6.49 here at work. Plus my 20% discount plus tax, they come out to like 6 bucks each. I might be able to get them cheaper too
Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
You can't go wrong with either. I would only buy NGK or Denso.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Use the OEM Nickle plugs for best results. There is NO benafit to running the Iridiums, or whatever. In some cases, they run worse.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
flatlander will become famous soon enoughflatlander will become famous soon enough

flatlander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Use the OEM Nickle plugs for best results. There is NO benafit to running the Iridiums, or whatever. In some cases, they run worse.
Did I read somewhere that from the factory on V6's they put one type on one side of the engine and another on the other side? But then I read on a plug changing howto to go back with the better type for all six cylinders, which I can not remember whether that was ngk or denso?

Any ideas?

TIA
Old 07-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Did I read somewhere that from the factory on V6's they put one type on one side of the engine and another on the other side? But then I read on a plug changing howto to go back with the better type for all six cylinders, which I can not remember whether that was ngk or denso?

Any ideas?

TIA
NGK is on the driver side, and Denso is on the passenger side. No idea why this is, but my friends and I have ideas. Anyway, I recomend useing all Denso when changing the plugs, as they seem to hold their gap better.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

does the dealer sell Denso Irdium or Platinum?
Old 07-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy is a maechanic and he said that NGK is by far the best option for Tacos!
So i'm running the NGK Irodium Plated...got em at Autozone.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
My buddy is a maechanic and he said that NGK is by far the best option for Tacos!
So i'm running the NGK Irodium Plated...got em at Autozone.
Interesting....I have actually TESTED these different plugs, and found quite a few times, the Iridium or Platinum plugs cause issues. Best performance has been achieved with the OEM Nickle Denso plugs.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Interesting....I have actually TESTED these different plugs, and found quite a few times, the Iridium or Platinum plugs cause issues. Best performance has been achieved with the OEM Nickle Denso plugs.
Hmmm...Mine runs like a champ, mine had NGKs in it when I changed em and that's straight from the dealer although mine was a certified preowned so maybe the person before me was runnin NGKs too
Old 07-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Hmmm...Mine runs like a champ, mine had NGKs in it when I changed em and that's straight from the dealer although mine was a certified preowned so maybe the person before me was runnin NGKs too
NGK's work fine, they just dont hold a gap well.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i gotta go with the NGK's! made in wv, what more can you ask for out of a product? lol
Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #14

so I guess the dealers sell the denso? how much are they a pop?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
so I guess the dealers sell the denso? how much are they a pop?
About $3.50 per plug for the 1GR-FE in my Area.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
i gotta go with the NGK's! made in wv, what more can you ask for out of a product? lol

I guess that's OK... I mean, spark plugs don't really need teeth.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
I thought Toyota advised against using an Iridium plug in the 4.0
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
I thought Toyota advised against using an Iridium plug in the 4.0
They do.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #19

how much are the plugs from the dealer? I saw the the plugs advance auto parts and they are like $8.99 here..not cheap
Old 07-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #20
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
When I went to purchase the plugs from Toyota parts, the Tech pulled up the standard OEM Denso's (Nickle). I ask whats the Diff between them and the Iridium, and only answer I got was life of the plug: ie.. 30,000 or 100,000 mile plug change. Not sure how true this is. But of course I chose the cheaper of the two

Only time plugs should become an issue of whats best, would be when running a SC... I believe this requires a colder plug, which comes w/the SC Fit Kit...

Other than that, OEM copper will get the job done, and yes nevermind the NGK/Denso R/L mix match. If you are gunna do it, do it right. Let the dealership worry about pleasing Manufacturer's