Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

2007 Tacoma Tailgate LED Lightbar-Spare Tire acces

Old 12-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
runninglight is on a distinguished road
runninglight's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2007 Tacoma Tailgate LED Lightbar-Spare Tire acces

I'm thinking of having a Tailgate lightbar installed and I am concerned about blocking the opening along the flat surface above the license plate to get access to lower the spare tire.
Has any one installed a Tailgate LED bar and dealt with the spare tire access issue?
Thanks.
RL
Old 12-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
If you have of what I do, that area gets the hell knocked out of it, I would rethink that one.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
led tailgate light

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninglight View Post
I'm thinking of having a Tailgate lightbar installed and I am concerned about blocking the opening along the flat surface above the license plate to get access to lower the spare tire.
Has any one installed a Tailgate LED bar and dealt with the spare tire access issue?
Thanks.
RL
My led bar has three points of attachment which can be unscrewed in the rare event of getting a flat tire. There are several different brands of this unit, some give you clearance for the spare tire tool as mine does. On my previous Toyota truck, the unit that I had on that did not give any clearance so it would have presented a problem.

I purchased the new one from Advanced Auto which has a slimmer profile.

One other thing here. On the older tacomas, the rear bumper had a different black step pad design than the newer ones and this interferred with the led setup, not to mention scrapping the paint off the bottom edge of the tailgate. A lot of work with a dremel usually took care of that problem. Removal of the pad was quite simple, squeezing the tabs underneath the bumper to remove the pad.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
Mean Big Brother
eborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedeborgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
eborgie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eborgie
I just put a notch into my LED bar to allow the tool to go through