Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

DIY: Install of a Scangauge II using a Blendmount rear view mirror mount.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
ramjm_2000 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Biomedical
ramjm_2000's Tacoma Gallery
Great post...gonna use these tips. Any recs on the best place to buy?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #23
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Your tip and pics made it painless for me, except the incredible summer heat in July. Thank you very much.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Great post, thank you.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
2012 taco - compatible?

Seems like there are more than a few things in the 2012 that are 'different' or people have not updated their websites.

Thx
Ron
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
adamberdan14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
adamberdan14's Tacoma Gallery
i just installed a scanguage in my 2009 tacoma, I used the blendmount and it looks nice above the mirror. Only problem was with the rear back up camera wiring, it dosnt leave much room for the mount. I was able to remove the wire covers for the camera and tuck the original scanguage wire in under it and it turned out fairly nice. I did not have to use the extra length of cable provided with the blend mount, the factory wire with the guage fit with a few inches to spare by just tucking it along the side of the A-pillar and down the side of the dash.
Looking forward to installing my URD map chip in the morning.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a used scanguage with blend mount and installed it in approx 45 minutes. Thanks for the excellent write up and pictures.

I was able to fish the line up though the dash without taking off the lower kick panel in my truck. Also for those wondering it seems the original cable was just long enough for a comfortable install and I did not need the additional extension wire that was supplied with mine.

Up next I will be programing the Xguage temp code for the transmission.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #29
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I just used the blendmount and screwed it to the headliner. I don't think I've removed the Scanguage since I put it in back in 08.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
geogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura about
geogecko's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write up. The bike tire levers was a great touch, and made it easy to hide the wiring. I also did not remove the kick panel, and just fished it down the side pilar.

One thing I will note, is that the Blend Mount has changed significantly from the version you have. Mine is a single piece of sheet steel, like yours, but has two bends in it now, one just an inch or so from the point where it mounts to the mirror, and another that is the thickness of the back of the SG2. The bends in the metal have perforations, if you will, so that it can be bent easily to shape the angles to fit your particular vehicle. Nice touch. The stand offs are now provided in three lengths, made of plastic, with three screw sizes.

It also comes with the super tough 3M Dual Lock tape, which is awesome, I actually just bought some of that stuff to install my HID ballasts.

Anyway, overall, a very clean looking install, looks very factory looking, which is what I was after.

I also ended up using a USER display color of Red=3, Green=1, Blue=0, and that's pretty close to the amber truck lighting.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #31
Captain Nemo is on a distinguished road
Captain Nemo's Tacoma Gallery
Super! I just installed my Scangauge II using Detective_Dan's mod but the instructions for running the cat cable through the A-pillar and headliner were very helpful.

I tried the Blendmount, it limited movement in the rearview mirror more than I cared for and I wasn't pleased with how it was setup with the backup camera cable).
Attached Thumbnails
DIY:  Install of a Scangauge II using a Blendmount rear view mirror mount.-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #32
nxrunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
Super! I just installed my Scangauge II using Detective_Dan's mod but the instructions for running the cat cable through the A-pillar and headliner were very helpful.

I tried the Blendmount, it limited movement in the rearview mirror more than I cared for and I wasn't pleased with how it was setup with the backup camera cable).
really like the location above the rear view. Better than behind the gear shift handle.