1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beeping sound

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Spacedude, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Dec 24, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    Spacedude

Spacedude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner TRD Off-Road Indigo
    Bed mat, Access Limited Edition tonneau cover, DeeZee Elite nerf bars, AVS Bugflector II, Toyota aluminum skid plate, Toyota TRD seat covers.
    As I was going down the expressway at about 65 mph, I had to pass someone who was camping-out in the lane. As I was passing, the Bozo sped up so I floored it and heard a loud beeping sound from the truck. Was this a high rpm warning signal? I didn't look at my rpm, but the truck took off like a rocket.

Thanks, and happy holidays
    spacedude

2. Dec 24, 2007 at 4:32 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    hmm...i've never heard a sound like that before...although i do think that even the minor flooring that i've done, i've never been close to redlining...

3. Dec 24, 2007 at 8:23 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Thats to let ya know your about to make the jump to Light Speed..Chewy you buckled up?Sincerely though my wife reported something similar happening in our `01 once,I wondered if she bumped the diff.lock switch maybe???

4. Dec 25, 2007 at 6:15 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    No such warning we are aware of. A few people here including myself have hit 110MPH where the governor cuts the engine off, yet no beeping sound. Are you sure you didn't have any cargo on board like alarm clocks, smoke detectors or heart monitors :D.

5. Dec 25, 2007 at 7:25 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Ask Marty, I believe is was the Flux Capasitor ! :eek:

6. Dec 25, 2007 at 9:56 AM
    Spacedude

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    Bed mat, Access Limited Edition tonneau cover, DeeZee Elite nerf bars, AVS Bugflector II, Toyota aluminum skid plate, Toyota TRD seat covers.
    I think I went so fast that Einstein's relativity kicked in, and I went back in time to hear my alarm clock beeping!

7. Dec 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    You weren't leaning on the passenger's seat with a little bit of weight were you? I've had this happen in my little 'Yota car. If I'm just cruising and relaxing with a "lean" or taking an on/off ramp with my hand on the passenger's seat, the airbag/seatbelt light and warning "beep beep" will come on. It took a few moments to figure it out. When it came on the first time I "sat up" and took notice. The noise went away and I didn't know what made it stop. (it was me taking the weight off the seat) I finally did figure it out and all is well. If I put anything on the seat, laundry, groceries, etc....I have to buckle the seat belt or the "beep beep" will drive you bonkers.

Just an thought. Could be a Toyota thing.

8. Dec 27, 2007 at 8:42 AM
    Spacedude

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    Well, I wasn't leaning on the seat, but I heard the noise again while driving on the freeway at between 70-80 mph (fast fwy). It was more like an intermittent buzzing sound coming from the dash whenever I hit between 70-80 mph. I heard this all throughout my trip up to SF. I decided to turn the airbag off, and did not hear the noise at all on my return trip. Very strange.

9. Dec 31, 2007 at 9:32 AM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    I had a similar issue when I stuck a box in the passengers seat. It wasn't heavy enough to trip the seatbelt alarm until I really gas'd it. Took me awhile to figure it out but I finally did. I've been thinking about buying a seatbelt buckle from a junk yard to push into the latch so it won't happen again with cargo in the seat.

10. Dec 31, 2007 at 9:52 AM
    hans17

hans17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    san juan puerto rico
    Vehicle:
    tacoma xtra cab v6 sport 2007
    3"ez-lift kit , 1" spacer , stock wheels 17" , 285/70-17
    I had once a mazda rx-7 that when you max out your rpm's at 9,000 a beep sounded and a red light turn on in the dash , but this is not posible with a automatic trans. only a stick version

11. Mar 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    Spacedude

Member:
    Campbell, CA.
    Vehicle:
    Update on this wierdness. This has turned out to be the infamous windshield noise issue, which I think there is a TSB for. The noise sounded like a high pitch beeping at times. It must be air coming through the winshield grommet. It only happens at about 80 mph. Mystery solved!

12. Mar 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    That original thread was quite awhile back, thanks for the update.

13. Mar 16, 2008 at 5:15 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I know this is an older post but this caught my eye. I'm not one to preach but I think that in a turn that's hard enough to cause the driver's hand to set off the seatbelt beep, the passenger seat probably isn't the safest place for it. :p

14. Mar 16, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    is there a TSB for the wind noise. Its sure buggin me. BTW, i noticed with my truck, if you mash on the gas a certain way (totally floor it), there is a millisecond delay and then the truck practically leaves the ground. Tac goes to like 6. Its pretty scary and cool at the same time. I did it once by accident in an intersection passing a slow car. I will never do it again.

15. Mar 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    I have a 2001 3.4 V6 and on my truck you get the fullest surge of power at around 7/10ths throttle but to the floor it would decrease (governor or bad mix?) so I carefully bent the throttle arm to reflect that spot so I get max launch when the pedal is on the floor. Bugs me though 'cause I know it's never full-throttle. Any thoughts? TPS? Whatever it's a beautiful runner.

16. Mar 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM
    Johnpa

Johnpa Member

Member:
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2007 SR5 PreRunner, Roof Racks, Short Bed in Radiant Red
    Extang Tonneu Cover, Nasta Bars, Magnet Bra, BedXTender,
    Hi all - I have heard a similar noise at high speeds and on especially windy days. More like a high octave vibration. I thought it might be associated with my roof racks.

Where would I find the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin?)

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top