1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheap/Free Mods

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by piercedtiger, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Jul 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    Danimal69361

Danimal69361 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Scottsbluff, NE
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    Always hot AUX plug. Wet Okole's. 33" tires.
    Help! I did this and now my truck wont start!!!

2. Jul 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    I did all my interior lighting and bedlights for about $40. It's fun and easy as hell.

3. Jul 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger [OP] Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    ummmm.... did what mod exactly? :confused:

Also, check all your fuses.

4. Jul 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    according to his profile it was the 12 volt bed plug always hot mod.:bored:

5. Jul 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger [OP] Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I would hope that's not it... :rofl: Dead battery is a simple fix.

6. Jul 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    true, but people have suggested evrything but :rofl:

7. Jul 21, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Danimal69361

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Scottsbluff, NE
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    According to HIS^ profile he is a #$%@ little kid whose daddy bought him a truck. Sorry my problem bores you so much. It was a big deal to me, cause I couldn't just give up and have my daddy take it in.

It was immediately not starting, so it didn't have time to run down the battery. Besides, checked that. Along with a lot of other ACTUAL diagnosis. Turns out the ignition switch got pinched and broke. Kind of a freak accident. But I did chase it down so...

Glad you tried helping. D-bag.

8. Jul 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Dude... you posted "I did this mod and my truck won't start" in a thread that contains dozens of mods without giving us ANY information on what you did.

Chill out... NOBODY could help you with what you told us.

9. Jul 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ^This.

10. Jul 21, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    aw10tacoma

aw10tacoma backyard mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Mgm
    -HomerTaco Grille -Aftermarket Headlights Halo Projectors -rear doors now have pioneer speakers -Kenwood DNX690HD -LED speedo gauge swap and faceplate along with painted needles - auto start and alarm from compustar -TRD painted on grille -Strobe lights in reverse lights -All bulbs are led -XD rims -arb bumper -S.O.S. Concept SLIDERS -OME 3inch suspension lift nitrocharger sport shocks dakar leafs -light racing ucas -toughtlight 22''dual led bar behind my homertaco grille -wet okale seat covers -trailer lights connection moved into bumper -tints -trd cold air intake -trd catback exhuast -total chaos lca skids -Budbuilt Skids -DT Long tubes -URD MAF SENSOR
    anybody have this mod for a 2011 im going crazy with using this damn 2 speed fast and faster wipers

11. Jul 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Same mod will work, just order the wiper stalk from a 2011 DC SR5.
    The stalk from the '08 will actually work. The only difference between the 3 available stalks is words vs graphics, and the direction you turn the knob to increase the delay/speed. On some, the wider bar is increased delay, while on others it is faster speed (less delay).

BTW: While you're in there, unplug the 2-wire connector just under the ignition switch next to the stalk connector and you can leave your key in the ignition with the door open for tunes or while getting gas without the annoying warning tone.

[​IMG]

12. Jul 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    Danimal69361

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Scottsbluff, NE
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma
    I realized that after I posted. That is why I went somewhere else to post it. Got some good help, too. Pierced tiger had a good point. Not mad at him.

But this guy obviously went through enough work to find out the problem, and makes smart ass remarks about the situation.

13. Jul 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Mgm
    -HomerTaco Grille -Aftermarket Headlights Halo Projectors -rear doors now have pioneer speakers -Kenwood DNX690HD -LED speedo gauge swap and faceplate along with painted needles - auto start and alarm from compustar -TRD painted on grille -Strobe lights in reverse lights -All bulbs are led -XD rims -arb bumper -S.O.S. Concept SLIDERS -OME 3inch suspension lift nitrocharger sport shocks dakar leafs -light racing ucas -toughtlight 22''dual led bar behind my homertaco grille -wet okale seat covers -trailer lights connection moved into bumper -tints -trd cold air intake -trd catback exhuast -total chaos lca skids -Budbuilt Skids -DT Long tubes -URD MAF SENSOR
    thanks for the help :cheers:

14. Jul 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Mgm
    forgot to ask... for this will i need a relay or anything beside the stick?

15. Jul 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Nope.
    All of the "brains" of the delay is in the stalk.
    It literally is a plug and play.

I installed the stalk and cruise control in my '08 in the parking lot after work with my multi-tool in about 15 minutes.

16. Jul 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Mgm
    alright thanks... this website has been so much help... i went to my toyota shop to get the tsb done on my leaf springs for my 11 with the harsh ride and they gave me the hardest time to get it done... after that i asked while it was in the shop if i could pay them to install the intermitted wiper and they said no it would have had to be done in the factory... and asked for the daytime running lights they also said had to be done in the factory

17. Jul 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Ya. That's the typical response from the dealer.
    SOME trucks need a wire run from the column to the ECU to use Cruise Control, and manual trucks need the clutch safety.

But people hear all kind of things about the wiper motors needing replacement, and even ECU replacement.

Likewise, DRL is a simple harness and flasher replacement.

18. Jul 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    ...realize that this awesome mod won't work on a Gen 1. :(

The pipe fit through the hole in the frame by the elevator crank, but the other end looks different. I thought I had figured out a way to hold the bumper end up and when I went to try it...the hook on my crank tool won't fit in the pipe! Man! The one thing I didn't measure. Oh well, great mod anyway. I assume. :D

19. Jul 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    aw10tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Northern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC Mgm
    Changed out my stock 2 speed windshield wiper stick to a intermittent stick [​IMG]

4tq3go_5bc230d241c1bdede2028e76c831ccfdd066f72b.jpg

20. Jul 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    Wonder if it will work on a Rav4 ? Have to try it once my GF gets home from work.

Products Discussed in

To Top